Work on various building types and systems, develop design and construction solutions for projects applying architectural knowledge in evaluation, selection, and adaptation/modification to standard techniques, procedures, and criteria.
Specific duties include:
- Consult with client to determine functional and special requirements of new structure or renovation
- Prepare information regarding design, applicable building codes, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs, and construction time and present with the clients
- Incorporate Integrated Sustainable Design (ISD) solutions into projects
- Prepare scale drawing and contract documents for building contractors
- Plan layout of project and integrate engineering elements into unified approval
- Review and ensure that construction detail documentation conforms to QA/QC and architectural best practice standards
- Communicate with clients and contractors for projects
- Produce architectural construction drawings-drafting and detailing, and produce 3D building models using Revit, AutoCAD, SketchUp, Enscape, Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign
- Assist project architects during construction to answer contractor questions, issue supplemental drawings, review shop drawings, and/or visit the site as needed
- Coordinate project development with architects, office associates, engineering services, and contractors using MS/Office.
Education and Experience Requirements:
Master’s degree in Architecture or closely related plus minimum 1 year of architectural designing experience within an architectural firm.
Full Time; work location in St. Louis, MO